You have probably heard the term factory scheduled maintenance plan at your dealership before. It is also sometimes called the 30-60-90 plan. These terms are interchangeable, and they both refer to the automobile maintenance program that car manufacturers design for your specific make/model. The reason the plan covers these three numbers is plain and simple. The interval between each major service appointment is approximately 30K miles. You might be like everyone else and think that the plan is voluntary. But, the services listed in the plan are vital for the long-term health and condition of your car, SUV, or truck. So now that you have a sense of what your scheduled auto maintenance plan is, you might be wondering, "why do I need it."
The 30-60-90 plan is way more valuable than you may think. Here's why you should keep track of it:
- Your warranty may necessitate it. Some car manufacturers stress the 30/60/90K maintenance plan so much that failing to follow it will void your warranty altogether.
- It can help you identify problems early on. Like how you may go to the doctor's for a check-up, car maintenance can help you catch problems early on. Doing so can save you from an expensive repair bill or vehicle breakdown down the line.
- It can lengthen the life of your vehicle. Regular maintenance keeps your car running smoothly and efficiently, which turns to more miles in its lifetime.
- It can increase the value. If you decide to sell or trade your car at some point, you may be able to list it above its average value. It may also get your vehicle off the market sooner than later because you have proof that it's been well-kept.
Typically, the technician will always give your vehicle a very detailed inspection of your car's major systems at these appointments. They will examine for any signs of trouble or parts that need to be renewed. The maintenance sometimes includes:
- An oil change.
- Replacing spark plugs.
- Changing filters.
- Checking all the fluids, flushing or refilling them when necessary.
- Rotating tires.
- Closely looking at your hoses and belts.
For the best quality auto maintenance and repair in Aliso Viejo, CA, please visit Super Service of Aliso Viejo today. Our tech team offers five-star customer service and is committed to perfecting your repairs and maintenance. If you require a factory scheduled maintenance check-up soon, please give us a call or visit.